This 8.4-acre site is included in the “Menlo Park El Camino Real Downtown Specific Plan” area. The new Project will include 215 one and two-bedroom rental units, open space for families and friends to spend time, select office spaces, and features architecture that compliments Menlo Park’s character. The property is perfectly situated near both the Menlo Park and Palo Alto Caltrain stations and also within close proximity to grocery stores and other neighborhood amenities.
As originally envisioned by the Menlo Park El Camino Real Downtown Specific Plan, the Project will include several benefits:
- 215 one and two-bedroom rental units
- Up to 10 Below Market Rate Housing Units
- Architecture inspired by a traditional California craftsman design
- A state-of-the art fitness center, swimming pool and spa
- A library/business center with high speed “Wi-Fi” and remote conference technology, which will allow residents to work remotely or take advantage of flexible work hours
- A community workshop area to allow residents space to work on hobbies and projects
- Outdoor cooking and dining facilities
- Outdoor work spaces
- Do-it-yourself bicycle repair stands with basic tools for bicycle commuters and residents
- The residential area will be designed as part of the project’s overall Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program to reduce single-occupancy drivers during peak morning and evening commute times
- Approximately 145,000 sqft of commercial office space
- Approximately 10,000 sqft of retail space
- A publicly accessible plaza at Middle Avenue, situated close to parking options and pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure that provides ample opportunities for residents and visitors to grab a bite, sit outside, and enjoy the company of friends and neighbors.
- Paying for 50 percent of the cost, up to $5 million dollars, towards a pedestrian and bicycle rail crossing at Middle Avenue
- $1 million dollars to the Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation
More details regarding Middle Plaza leasing info, interest list, floor plans, BMR program, and eligibility will be provided later this year.